Head & Neck Oncology is a closed peer review multidisciplinary journal publishes high quality original research studies, case studies, case reports, editorials, hypothesis, methodology, short reports, study protocols and reviews.
Head and neck tumours refers to tumours of the larynx, lip, oral cavity, oropharynx, hypopharynx, nose, sinuses, nasopharynx, skin and ear, salivary glands, and thyroid and parathyroid glands.
Management of head and neck tumours can vary from medical (i.e. chemotherapy, radiotherapy, photodynamic therapy..etc.) to surgical or palliative care with the involvement of multidisciplinary teams; not to mention the role of the medic and dentist in this area when it comes to early diagnosis, screening and follow-up. Other allied non-medical specialties are also involved.
The journal has the following sections:
Nature of Head & Neck Tumours Assessment of Head & Neck Tumours
Medical & Radiation Oncology Cell & Molecular Oncology
Surgical Oncology Palliative Care Translational Innovations & Methodology
Recent Developments in Technology Recent Updates in Treatment
Hypotheses & Experimental Proofs Ethics, Consent & Medico-Legal Issues
Thus the journal welcomes articles written by oral and maxillofacial surgeons, head and neck surgeons, laser surgeons, otolaryngologists, rhinologists, facioplastic surgeons, skin surgeons, reconstructive surgeons, medics, dentists, histopathologists, immunologists, cancer biologists, statisticians and epidemiologists, oral physicians, medical oncologists, clinical oncologists, radiologists, photodynamic therapists, clinical psychiatrists, heamatologists, clinical biochemists, clinical pharmacologists, medical physicists, photochemists, photobiologists, microbiologists, genetics scientists, cytologists, speech and language therapists, dieticians, physiotherapists, oral hygienists, McMillan nurses, tracheostomy nurses, occupational therapists and other head and neck tumours-related scientific and health care professionals.
The journal is specifically aimed to cover clinical practice and research in the following areas:
(1) Nature of head and neck tumours: etiopathogenesis, epidemiology, tumour immunology and biology..etc.
(2) Assessment of head and neck tumours: clinical features, diagnosis, staging, advanced imaging ..etc.
(3) Medical and radiation oncology: chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, photodynamic therapy, laser therapy..tc.
(4) Surgical Oncology
(5) The role of medical and dental practitioners in head and neck tumour
(6) The role of non-medical allied healthcare professionals in head and neck tumours (speech and language therapist, dietician, physiotherapist, oral hygienist, McMillan nurse, tracheostomy nurse, occupational therapist and other related health care professionals)
(7) Palliative care
(8) Translational innovations & methodology in the head and neck
(9) Hypotheses and experimental proofs in the management of head and neck tumours
(10) Case reports, conjecture & audit related to head and neck tumours
(11) Ethics, consent and medico-legal issues related to head and neck tumours