Using Google Docs On Google Drive To Create MLA Format Document
This article will teach you how to use Google Docs to create an MLA format document. It is straightforward, and we will complete the following settings:
- The typeface is "Times New Roman," and the size is 12.
- Page margins of one inch on both sides (top, bottom, right, and left).
- Each page should have a header with your last name and page number 1/2 inch from the top-right corner.
- The essay is double-spaced throughout.
- On the first page, provide your name, professor's name, the course title, and paper due date.
- The title of your research paper is centered.
- The first line of each body paragraph is indented by 1/2 inch.
There are two options: to utilize a template with all of the parameters preloaded or do the settings yourself.
- In the newly opened window, search for “MLA Format. “
- On the Google Docs menu, click on File => New => From Template.
- Many results will surface, and they are all excellent => assuming you choose the top one and then click the "Use this template" button.
- The template will be transferred to your Google Drive, and you will be able to begin writing your essay.
- Click on font size 11 and change it to font size 12.
- Click on the font and change it to Times New Roman.
- When you create a new document, the default font is Arial and size 11
There is no need to adjust the default margin of 1 inch for all top, right, bottom, and left. If you want to double-check the margins, follow these steps: click File => Page Setup.
- Click on Insert => click on Header.
- Notice the font on the Header is NOT Times New Roman => change the font to Times New Roman and font size 12.
- Notice the cursor is blinking on the left, click on the Right Align icon to align the cursor to the right.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard twice.
- Type your Last Name => press the Spacebar key on the keyboard once.
- Click on Insert => Page Number => Top of Page.
- Now click on anywhere below the Header line to close the Header.
- Click on the Line Spacing button => Choose Double.
Click on the Line Spacing button => Choose Double.
- Click on the Tab key to indent 1/2 inch to begin your first paragraph. Use the Tab key on every following new paragraph. Your completed setting should look like this
- Click on the Align Left icon (to bring your blinking cursor to the left).
- Click on the Align Center icon on the formatting toolbar (to center your blinking cursor) => Type the title of your paper, capitalizing the first letter and all major words and proper nouns. Do not use italics, boldfaced type, underlining, or all caps to format your title. Do not type a period at the end of the title => press Enter.
- Type your paper’s due date => press Enter.
- Type course title => press Enter.
- Type your teacher’s name => press Enter.
- Type your full name => press Enter.
Google Docs is utilized by people of various ages, from schoolchildren to high-level executives. However, the amount of comprehension differs amongst groups. The format of documentation required by commodities varies as well. To perform MLA format on Docs, you can use the current Google Docs template or create your own settings. Companies anticipate that you will record things in a much more professional manner. As a result, schools also prepare you for such demands as practice.